Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm not sure if I should get acrylic nails, or grow my own. Any advice?

I like the love of acrylic nails, I just don't want to have to worry abou getting them filled. And I hate painting my own nails, but I can handle it, I just suck at it and it takes up a lot of time.I'm not sure if I should get acrylic nails, or grow my own. Any advice?
Grow your own. Sally Hansen nail grower works. :) If you're not good enough at painting your nails, you can just go to a salon and have it done. I do that all the time. :) It's not expensive.I'm not sure if I should get acrylic nails, or grow my own. Any advice?
GO BUY SOME GOOD LOOKING PRESS ON NAILS AND BUT NAIL GLUE. FILE THEM DOWN TO FIT YOUR NAILBEDS AND THERE YOU GO IT LESS EXPENCE AND NO FILL ARE REQUIRED AND THEY ARE ALREADY PAINTED.
I got acrylic nails once and they ruined my nails.It took a year for them to grow in right. Ive gone to using Sally Hansen hard as nails. My nails look great and dont break.
Acrylic will ruin your nails, trust me. I had acrylic nails, removed them years ago and my natural nails have been wrecked ever since.
welll if you put acrylic on your nails then they will grow and you will still get to keep your own nails.
Well my dear, I just happen to be a nail tech!!! LOL If you are concerned about the effect the acryliuc will have on your nails...I ask you this -----are you happy with the way they are now? If your answer was no then don't let that bother you. If you plan to keep them on for a long time you should be aware of the cost. To have a new set put on it will cost you between 25 and 60 dollars depending on what area you live in and what type of shop you go to. Then every two to three weeks, depending on how fast your nails grow, you will need a fill..which will run you anywhere between 15 and 35 dollars. As far as polishing goes...the polish stays on much longer on acrylic than natural nails, because acrylic isn't oily like your nails are. This is a great advantage. Longer nails also create more feminine elongated fingers. Plus it is a great way to relax every two weeks. So my advice......if you can afford the habit GO FOR IT!!! Ask around...to find the best shop.
Trust me - do not get any type of fake nails! I got them in April and continued to do the fills......the last time I went I asked my tech about taking them off and letting my real nails grow out since they were pretty long underneath the fake. He said no, no just keep these they look good (I think, he's Asian and hard to understand) - anyway, I ended up soaking them in nail polish and the whole thing and my nails are in terrible shape now! I've never had them in this bad of shape! Waste of time, money and healthy nails! DON'T DO IT!
DON'T get acrylic nails. I tried it once and they suck! Getting them filled is not only inconvenient, it can be very painful! Not to mention that once you have them, you're pretty much stuck with them because they destroy your real nails. I took mine off after the first fill in, and my nails (ten years later) are still not as strong as they were before the fake ones (they're a lot thinner) but I keep mine buffed and manicured, and I think they look a lot nicer than the fake ones which tend to look, well, fake. Also a few of my friends who have had them for a few years now complain that the chemicals severely dry out their cuticles, which can cause painful tears, and that their real nails are almost non-existent, so they can't get rid of the fake ones. On top of all that, I read a study that showed that acrylic nail are hard to effectively clean, and can harbor harmful bacteria. Stick with your real ones, it's cheaper, and, in my opinion, prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment