Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How to light a bulb with two candles nails and magnet.?

Ive seeing a video clip of a person take 2 nails and stick them into 2 candles (each nail to each candle) and take the magnet rub the surface of the magnet against the nail to magnetize it (for both of the nails) and than he attach wire to each of the nail connect the other side of the wire to a bulb from a flashlight. now he light-up each candle There you go the bulb is lighting.


My questions is what create the energy for the light to turn on and why we need a candles.


Thank YouHow to light a bulb with two candles nails and magnet.?
I couldn't believe it when I saw this question, I saw this video too a while ago, one thing I know is that it's fake. If you pause the video at 2:23 you can clearly see that the person behind the table is reaching underneath it for a switch or something, and when the light bulb turns on his hand is under table.





This is my link, read the comments below:





http://hackedgadgets.com/2007/02/02/how-鈥?/a>





.How to light a bulb with two candles nails and magnet.?
Hi. I suppose it's possible that the nails act as a thermocouple. The candles would supply heat energy.
I've never seen that myself, but it might be possible.





The magnet puts a charge of electrons into the nails with flow from postive to negative between the bulb and the other nail. The candle is an insulator to keep them from grounding out.
imma leave and neva come back
Correct.





There is a sort of Peltier effect taking place causing the current to flow. A thermo-electric module which I *think* are being used in some fashion as heat sinks for over-clockers (over-clocking computer processors).





You supply the power and it causes a very stark cooling effect to take place. Conversely, if you heat/cool the device it will/can output a current.





Further...if the vid is fake, it doesn't dismiss the fact that you CAN cause a current to be set up by using dissimilar metals/and temp diff's.
I agree with Cirric, I think the nails are made of different metals and thus a temperature gradient is set-up due to one of the metals being a better thermal conductor than the other.





The electrons then flow from one nail to the other via the wire connecting the nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment