Friday, May 14, 2010

How can I stop biting my nails? I've tried hot sauce in my nail polish, and it won't work. Help!?

Either self control or get a set of acrylics. ~BonHow can I stop biting my nails? I've tried hot sauce in my nail polish, and it won't work. Help!?
I've tryed disgusting colors in my nailpolish, ground Jalepe脩o pepers in the nailpolish, and those worked. Oh, also try getting used to clipping them with a nail clipper.How can I stop biting my nails? I've tried hot sauce in my nail polish, and it won't work. Help!?
try putting nail polish remover on them it tastes so nasty it worked for me!
Get those fake acrylic nails - they are hard and the money you will have to pay to get them fixed will help break the habit
I'm a nail biter and I've been trying to stop for years. Self control is not the answer. Easily said by those that do not bite there nail's.





Because, I have a professional position where I make several court appearance's I keep my nails done. If I've poped a nail and my actual nail has grown I will bite it down.





I truly believe it's in nail biter's and nothing can be done it's a bad habit, but what can we do?
They sell creams and sprays to put on your nails, that would help you to stop. The website below is an example of one. All I did to find this one was type ';stop biting nails'; in Yahoo search engine.
I use to bite my nails all the time and I would even try to dip my nails in nail polish remover so I would stop biting them because they tasted bad. Think about why you bite them...


I finally stopped because I realized that I don't like my nails and when they look bad I continue to bite them and make it worse. What worked for me is I put on acrylic and they look very pretty and i think to myself that I do not want to waste my money and break them off and I like how pretty they look so eventually I leave them alone. That has helped for me and its an idea for you.


Hope it helps!


Good luck!
get yer teeth pulled...lol





No seriously, had the same problem myself years ago...just have to be really conscious of it and make the effort to stop.





It is a bad habit and we just have to break it...at least it is not addicting like smoking or something.





Every time yer hands go to yer mouth stop and put something in yer hands, sit on em or get busy with something using yer hands.





Just a habit and all habits can be broken.





Good luck...if I did it, trust me you can.
I'm 35 and still bite my nails. I find I go through phases where they look great and then something triggers me to start picking and biting--I found it to be anxiety related--not necessarily stress.





I found having nail scissors/nail file with me to clip the hang nails and jagged nails helps with stopping the biting. The minute you want to bite, get the nail file and file a little. I agree with other posters--once I get my nails to look good I don't bite for a long time.





I also bought a really nice (somewhat expensive) ring. I realized if I wanted to feel comfortable showing people the ring, my nails would have to look nice. That has helped a lot, too.
I know nail biting is a result of being nervous for some people and others bite them because they are too long. Try cutting your nails instead of biting them.
iono ..i think i like bite em in my sleep..lol..wear gloves the rest a ur life..i jus gave up on tryn to stop!
i think they sell a certain type of polish for that..


http://www.folica.com/Nail_Bitin_291_1.h鈥?/a>
Hi i think i can help u my friend used to bit her nails alot then i told her to put lemon n honey around her nails when ever she tried to bit them she used to feel sick.Or u can put tape around your nails,another way is put cocunt oil on your nails n the smell is so discusting u wnt even want to go near those nails but lemon n oil n honey r very gud for the growth of your nails hope i helped
self control, all humans have it, so few use it
Self-controled. Think of something else rather than your nails
i have been trying to stop for many years and cant either i finally just gave up its just a habit we have to live with if we cant stop
Go have your nails done, 'acrylic' they last awhile, and you will not be bitting them, you can't!! - you just may break your habit...
just calm down.. stress is one of the nail biting reason.. i love to bite my nails btw
Try 'Control -It' nail biting cream. It will help you stop biting your nails.
But a rubber band on your wrist.


Everytime you have the urge to bite, snap your self.


If you are consistent, you will condition yourself to not bite, because when you do, you get snapped in the wrist with a rubber band

No comments:

Post a Comment