Friday, May 14, 2010

How do u kick the biting nails habit 2 the curb & what 2 use on ur nails 2 help it get stronger???

I have a really bad habit of biting my nails and I have tried a few products to put on my nails to make them harder and stronger but it's like as soon as my nails get to the point where they are looking good they start to crack peel break then I start to bite. My husband really really hates my habit. HELP.How do u kick the biting nails habit 2 the curb %26amp; what 2 use on ur nails 2 help it get stronger???
It's always great to kick a bad habit. This one is quite common so don't worry, you're not alone! Keep trimming your nails so that they don't break. Don't use any strenghteners. Once they grow a little, trim them back down. That way there will be nothing to bite. Try using nail polish. This sounds funny but really, it will make your nails harder and you won't be able to bite them. worst case worst you'll peel off the nail polish, trim your nails, and do it again. Good Luck!!!How do u kick the biting nails habit 2 the curb %26amp; what 2 use on ur nails 2 help it get stronger???
I bit my nails my whole life until I was about 22. One day I decided that having beautiful nails and pretty hands was more important. I got a good nail file and kept it with me all the time to take care of anything I'd be tempted to bite off (which makes them peel worse). It's going to take a couple of months, and the mental strength to use the file instead of your teeth.





I've had great nails for 21 years now, and I really love how I feel when I look at my hands. A few years back I got acrylic put on them and I am HOOKED! Polish stays on forever!!!and they don't break or peel! Being able to wear any color polish I want and have beautiful hands is so fabulous.





Just say no to biting. No bad-tasting stuff is going to make a difference. Your nails will get stronger as they grow. Get a file and keep it with you at all times. Eat Jello or take gelatin, and keep any kind of polish on them. Redo it when it chips. With practice you will become a pro at painting your own nails. That's one thing that may keep you from biting, so you don't wreck the pretty polish. It will all be worth it.
run your teeth under your nails instead of biting (not kidding it works) and there are lots of sally hansen nail creams for stregthening nails
There's a nail polish out there that is made to keep you from biting your nails - cause it tastes like butt!! Or, if you can't find it - for awhile - coat the tips with super glue - you'll know why. Even better - exhibit some self control! If your starting to chew on your nails - tell yourself to stop!


As far as healthy looking nails - there's a vitamin called Biotin - good for hair, skin, and nails - been using it for over ten years - it's great! Peeling could be from poor nutrition. Try wearing glitter nail polish every now and then - it acts as an exfoliate when you remove the polish and it helps grow your nails. Also, any color polish with Lycra is good. And most important - L'Oreal's Grow Stronger (it looks like a sheer purple - but goes on clear) - is the best strengthener in the universe!! Been using it since 9th grade - and I'm 32 now!!! Still use it! I buy it in bulk!!!
they are products that are bitter you can spray on your fingers. That should stop your bad habit
well i had this problem horribly bad but i bought this stuff that was sour and nasty that you spray on your nails and it trained me to stop biting them
You can use Teflon by Sally Hansen. It is really good. You can buy if at Walmart.
I have the same habit. I have gone out and gotten acrylic nails put on (the embarrasment was enough to make me quit), and my own nails grew out underneath the fakes. Once the fakes were removed, I would fuss with Sally Hanson Hard as Nails Strengthener instead of biting. When they were long enough to make me happy, I invested in a good manicure set and lots of polish. I felt proud whenever someone would tell me how pretty my nails looked. You'll never totally kick the habit (I am biting again right now), but it's a start, and the longer you can go without biting, the happier you'll be.
trim them back to the quick and keep them there , with nothing to chew on the habit will go away by itself, forget about strengtheners, short nails will be strong enough by themselves
jsut BE detemined not to bite dem!!%26gt;...puting lotion on ur nailz makes it harder!...do it b4 u go to sleep...:)
What I did was put tape around them lol scotch tape and it works but looks realy stupit........

No comments:

Post a Comment