Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Are artificial nails okay to get while pregnant?

I am a big fan of artificial nails, and used to get them all the time. When I dont have them I try to take care of my nails and paint them regularly. I am now 39 weeks pregnant, and figure I wont have time to do this with a newborn. So I thought maybe this would be a good idea. I just wasnt sure if the smell of they give off while being put on is good for a pregnant women to be around? Does anyone know, and if you have them, did they affect looking after the baby in any way?Are artificial nails okay to get while pregnant?
Yup! perfectly safe! I have been getting acrylics for the past 5 years .. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and going to get a set today! :)


the lady that does my nails is 22 weeks pregnant as well, and she is going to continue doing nails until delivery time! .. there is no harm to the baby (or you) by getting your nails done! :)





enjoy! pamper yourself .. you deserve it! :)





good luck! God bless!Are artificial nails okay to get while pregnant?
It's fine, just don't go in there breathing deeply for a long time. That's just not good for you whether or not you are pregnant!





Just keep in mind changing poopie diapers with nicely manicured nails. You are bound to get some of the ';mess'; under your nails!
its fine, but I wouldn't get them until your at least used to carrying your baby around though.
NO! don`t even think about getting arcrylic nails when you are pregnant. It's a very bad thing. You see.. when you have a baby... the baby adapts its mother skin, nails, and hair... Alot of people ask this question and it is not O.K to get artificial nails when you are pregnant. When you get them done.. often they would grind it down thin and apply the arcrylic.. your baby's nails might be thin and brittle when they grow up.. they adapts its mother. Also..fume can harm the baby.. I have been doing nails for a while and never have seen a pregnant women get artifical nails. But if you still want to get it painted like manicure or a pedicure.. it's fine.. But just don't get arcrylic nails. Most of the women that i did nails for are nurses. They told me all about it and i understand why. I have been doing research about this a while back. I would prefer you get a pedicure and manicure done often.. especially the pedicure. Because when you massage your feet.. they would massage around the corner of your ankle... it can vibrate to the baby and it's kind of like they`re massaging the baby which can lead to a healthy baby. If you have fake nails now.. I would prefer you soak them off and get a regular manicure.. Hope this helps...
The fumes from the shop are bad for the baby.
Pregnant women do nails, they use a face mask. If you want you can get one at home depot. Congrats and good luck!!!!
I get my nails done....just make sure the salon is ventillated!! But, it's safe!!! Go get pampered!!
artificial nails are NEVER ok to get...they are tacky, cheesy and are the badge of a lazy woman

No comments:

Post a Comment