Friday, May 14, 2010

Are fake nails really worth the money?

My local shopping center, where i work, just opened a nail beautician store... i walk past it every day. i have long nails myself but i really like the look of gel nails... but it cost $60 to get them. How long do they last and do they get in the way of doing daily chores?? i dont want to waste my money but i want nice nails.Are fake nails really worth the money?
I don't think so... Bacteria and fungus can grow underneath of them too and ruin your natural nails.Are fake nails really worth the money?
go someplace cheaper than those are. I got mine for 30 and they are fantastic!
you can go to some pharmacist shop or something like that to get at a cheaper price? $60 is quite expensive for me, they'll last like for a week?
If 60 bucks isn't enough alone to discourage you, then perhaps this info will. The chemical used to apply acrylic and gel nails is to bacteria, as a hershey bar is to a pms'n woman...meaning that bacteria microorganisms loooove acetone and the other chemicals used and flock to it. As the nail is applied you are literally trapping millions of microorganisms between your real nail and the fake one PER FINGER. That is like heaven to the bacteria cuz all their lives consist of is eating and pooping nonstop...therefore they remain trapped between your nails feeding away nonstop on the chemicals even when we think its gone, just cuz we no longer smell the strong chem odor doesnt mean its not there, and bacteria can smell it.They live and thrive and feed and poop and well DESTROY your natural fingernail among other things which basically involve a physician and sum antibiotics! Not to mention its NASTY yellow crusty gross for a looong time. Fake is never ever a good thing in my opinion anyway.and 60 bux is outrageous for that. I live in GA and I thought it was crazy that theyre 35$ here I cannot even see me goin for 60! My advice steer clear from the fake ones, give YOURSELF a home manicure, take your 60 bucks and have a good time.
dont get them!!! if you wear them for over 10 days you can develop a horrible fungus. i think that you will be happier if you just get a pretty manicure. and unless the glue is like SUPER SUPER glue the nails fall off pretty fast.
I know some people think that $60 is a lot for a set of nails but you get what you pay for. If you go to a budget salon and pay $15 you get cheap nails.





Artifical enhancements, if done correctly, are great! Make sure you go to someone that you know does good work and uses quality products. I've been doing nails for 16 years and I don't agree with what is said about bacteria being trapped between the product and nail. If the technician is doing the service correctly, she/he will clean the nail plate with a dehydrator/disinfectant first before applying the product.





Depending on how fast your nails grow and the quality of work will depend on the time between fills. Most of my clients go 3 weeks between fills. They won't get in the way of your daily chores anymore than your own long natural nails.
I love fake nails! They last a while and are stronger then my real nails. It takes a while getting used to them though.
No!...Real nails are free!
umm actually, fake nails will look gorgeous but if u have really long nails get them done professionally, they will look so good. i got my real nails done and i can't even tell the difference, it may cost u less to do it too. if u want fake u can but u will waste ur real ones
well they are pretty but they stay on me for about two weeks but then u can go get them filled for cheaper and continue to wear them but if u dont get them filled then they just come off and they ruin ur nails
No don't get them because they can be really annoying, but from terry white chemist you can get a french nail kit for $15 and in the kit it has special nail polish to do french nails and it looks better. If you don't have a terry white chemist i know that k-mart and priceline sell the nail polish but there kits are more expensive and don't have everything in it like the one at terry white.
its a waste the ruin your nails and it gets ib the way dont do it
they do get in the way. they look nice. they have made my real nails grow very long. fungus and bacteria happens depending on how unsanitary the nail technican's equipment is. i say find a cheaper nail salon and try them for a week or two.
I used to have fake nails and loved how they looked too. But, I needed to go every 2 weeks to get fills otherwise they look cheap. I now use Sally Hansen Maximum growth phase 1 to make my nails long and strong and I just get a french manicure which is much less $$ then a fill ($40 each time) 2x a month. Also, I wouldn't recommend the ';mall'; nail salons. Some of them use much harsher chemicals then places where you might pay more. If you are going to have it done, I would call salons and ask why they would recommend you come to their salon over another.

No comments:

Post a Comment