Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do you stop bitting your nails?

i have a bad habit of bitting my nails. I've tried to not bight them but it never works. i get nervous and paranoid and i just cant help but to bite. my nails aren't to the point were it bleeds when i bite but its getting there and I'm sick of it so any suggestions will help.


P.S tried nail polish already doesn't work cause i got used to the taste!How do you stop bitting your nails?
Get a cotton ball and put finger nail polish remover all over your finger nails and the tips of your fingers. I was realllllllly bad about biting my finger nails, and I started doing that, and it really helped me stop. After a while, you don't have to use the finger nail polish remover, you just kinda get use to not biting them. Hope that helps!! =]How do you stop bitting your nails?
clip your nails, so there is nothing to bite
hey dude you gotta stop it! ok! all you have to do is cut your nails with the nail cutter so when it annoys you then you dont have nails to bite with just make your nails shorter and when it gets longer and all you have to do is just cut it off with the nail cutter! so if you have any questions i'm free to answer it!
Get the niapolish that you use when youre trying to get someone to stop sucking their thumb...that should work
chew gum...i feel like i have to pee when i get nervous. lol
UNBLOCK A FEW TOILETS GUARANTEED TO WORK
This is kinda like me, right now xP





Right now, i'm using the nail polish thing. It's working well enough, but once a nail grows out long enough, it gets really really really really tempting to bite... cuz... you know, it's just RIGHT THERE! xD





Did you use normal nail polish, or the special kind? I know there's a special kind out there that tastes really really bad...





I tried putting tape over my nails (actually, i got that from a Bearstein Bears book, but shhh :)), but that didnt' work, cuz it looked ugly and i couldnt' really do anythign with tape over my fingers, haha





but mostly, it's willpower. I know it's hard, but if you ever notice yourself chewing, FORCE THAT HAND AWAY FROM YOUR MOUTH! Also, tell your friend and family, and tell them to remind you to stop chewing if they catch your doing it. One of my friends is kinda crazy ish and screams and slaps me when she catches me chewing :)


and... there's the more 'extreme' way, is to give whoever catches you chwing money................ i think i also got that from Beatstein bears :)








Eventually, it will get easier to stop yourself, and it's kinda satisfying to see your nails... RESIST! Trust me, it's easier to stop earlier than later.





Personally, i still nibble at my nails, but the dark nail polish i'm wearing would chip where i chewed, and i'd give myself a mental slap across the face for it... so um, yeah. That's it. probably wasnt' too helpful, but... um, yeah. Sorry for rambling :)





RESIST!
did u know u can die from it :)





So continue if u want to die
Hmm. They make a liquid stuff to help people to stop biting their nails some of my friends found it and said that it worked really good I just cant remember the nail. I think you can find it at a beauty store or maybe like a bath%26amp;body..I am really not sure... I used to be just like you. I used the nail polish remover and then put that clear nail strengthen on my nails and that was the nastiest thing. But i agree with the will power part too. I had to stop so I would catch myself just as I would start to bite them. Its really hard i agree. After a while if you really just keep after yourself it should not be that bad. I also have to keep my cut cause if they get to long its just annoying...

No comments:

Post a Comment