Saturday, January 23, 2010

I just got acrylic nails for the first time?

I just got my nails done this morning (a white tip acrlyic). The only thing is I was so excited about my sexy nails that I forgot to ask the lady how to take care of them. Is there anything special I need to do? How often do I go back and fix them? and what is a fill exactly?I just got acrylic nails for the first time?
Every two weeks or so you need to gi in for a fill. Basically, your nail grows, but the acrylic does not. So after a few weeks your get a gap between the acrylic and your nail. A fill just fills in that gap. They may be a little tender today depending on how good the nail artist was, after that you just treat them like normal nails. However, it does hurt quite a bit if you break one, just so you know in advance.I just got acrylic nails for the first time?
You don't really need to do anything special. Just stay away from touching harsh chemicals (dish soap, bleach, detergent, etc) without gloves on and tanning cause that will yellow the acrylics.





Also, apply cuticle oil twice a day to keep your nail moisturized so they'll stay flexible to the acrylic.





Typically with acrylics, you should go back for a fill every 2-3 weeks.
u need to go back every 2 weeks to get them filled

No comments:

Post a Comment