Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can i stop myself from biting my nails?

There are several approaches you can take. One is to cut your nails short and keep trimming them as they grow back.





Another approach, which is one that worked for someone in my family, is to get a something you can put on the nails that are being bitten that makes them taste bad. I think the owner of the nails told me that the substance made them taste bitter.





The document listed as a Source for this answer has ideas on what you can use. They recommend hot pepper sauce or lemon juice.





In the case of my relative, they used a liquid that came in a little bottle that I guess came from a doctor or a pharmacy that was made for this express purpose. Not nail polish or anything toxic, of course.





I could be mistaken because it has been several decades but I think I remember looking at the bottle and it said something like ';Thumb'; or ';Thumbb'; on it. I cannot find the product by googling at the moment though.How can i stop myself from biting my nails?
put liqid gel its liek nail polish but bitter taste.How can i stop myself from biting my nails?
cut ur nails as soon as they start growin big..keep smooth and clean fingers, u will not bit any nails if dont find any to bite
Try a biting alternative whilst you get rid of the habit such as bubble gum, most of all awareness that you are indeed biting your nails is the best way of stopping so every time you bite your nails just think about it, and stop.
once i got my braces..i never chewed my nails since then! try soaking them in wasbi sauce! that'll teach ya not to do that again! :)
Find something that you interact with your fingers so you are not biting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment